From May 17-23, the Comox Valley RCMP received seven calls of stolen bicycles. Two of the bikes have been recovered. The following bikes are still missing:
– Silver Giant, 21-speed bike, taken from the 300 block of 4th Street, Courtenay (2016-5722)
– Black CCM mountain bike with pink and white stickers on frame, taken from the 300 block of 6th Street, Courtenay (2016-5746)
– Silver, black and yellow Giant bike with black electrical tape around the rear arm, taken from the 1500 block of Dingwall, Courtenay. (2016-5798)
– Child’s, seven-speed Raleigh mountain bike, taken from the 2200 block of Tamarack Drive, Courtenay (2016-5853)
– Royal blue, ladies’ Cross mountain bike with handle shifters, rear rack and black mud guard fender, taken from the 700 block of Pidcock Avenue, Courtenay. (2016-5947)
The Comox Valley RCMP reminds bike owners to record the serial numbers of bikes.
With the serial numbers, the bikes can be entered onto the RCMP computer system. This will aid in getting your bike back to you if it is located.