Andrea Shaw, chair of the newly formed Destination BC board of directors, will give a keynote address at the annual Tourism Industry Forum.
The Wednesday, Sept. 11 event provides the opportunity for Comox Valley and North Central Island tourism businesses to learn, provide input and engage in a series of regional destination marketing and tourism product development initiatives and events, within an informal trade show and networking environment.
Comox Valley Economic Development and Tourism, hosting in partnership with local and regional tourism and tourism industry related organizations, will be available on site to review program goals and activities, answer questions and gather feedback.
The forum will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Vancouver Island Visitor Centre, 3607 Small Rd., Cumberland. (Junction of Comox Valley Parkway and Small Road in Comox Valley).
Key focus areas at the trade show stations will include:
• Discover Comox Valley Media Relations Program: review destination media coverage and opportunity to provide story ideas and input to help shape the 2014 media outreach
• Culinary and Agri-tourism Events: learn how businesses can engage in leveraging culinary event marketing campaigns including Dine Around Comox Valley, the BC Shellfish Festival and the Comox Valley Farm Cycle Tour
• Comox Valley Signage Committee: review current internal and external signage initiatives, including a new Comox Valley Gateway Signage project
• Visitor Services Marketing Opportunities Program: generate visitor’s awareness for your businesses through a series of traditional, online and social media marketing options
• Comox Valley Regional Economic Development five-year Strategic Plan Overview
• Comox Valley Festivals and Event Economic Impact Review.
Light food and beverages will be available (oyster bar courtesy of the BC Shellfish Growers Association) along with appetizers and a no-host bar.
Businesses wishing to attend should contact Ashley Coulter at Ashley@discovercomoxvalley.com or call 250-334-2427.
• • •
Andrea Shaw is the founder and managing partner of the TwentyTen Group that focuses on building strategic partnerships through innovative marketing solutions.
Prior to founding the TwentyTen Group, she was the vice-president of sponsorship sales and marketing for the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC).
– Comox Valley Economic Development and Tourism