Mixed martial arts are the latest rage, and Saturday night that rage moves inside the cage when the Comox Valley Boxing Club presents “Full Throttle Fight Night 3-Redemption” at the Comox Valley Sports Centre.
Following two successful outdoor MMA promotions, the club has borrowed a hexagon cage from Battlefield Fight League and is taking the show indoors. There will be floor seating on all six sides of the cage and advance tickets are available at the Sid Williams Theatre and Fitness Etc. The fun starts at 6:30 p.m. with tickets also available at the door on fight night.
Local fitness guru Marc St. Jules is MCing the evening, and he notes the Ovarian Cancer Society and The Boys and Girls Club are benefactors of the event. The CVBC says FTFN3-Redemption “is going to be the biggest, baddest and most exciting event in North Island MMA history. This amateur card will host the brightest rising stars from across Vancouver Island and British Columbia.”
At press time, the main event had Fraser Jordan (Pure Self Defense, 0-0) against Brett Deacon (South Island BJJ, 0-1) in a 185-pound tilt. The co-main will feature the CVBC’s own James “Haitian Devastation” Pratt (4-3-1) against Blake McVittie (0-0-2) of MET in a clash of 135-pounders. Other scheduled bouts include:
• Garth Nasadyk (CVBC, 0-1) vs. Dillion Brown (Island Warriors, 0-1) at 160 pounds
• Kent “The Furnace” Fourneau (CVBC, 0-0) vs. Dwayne Ganderton (Pure Self Defense, 0-1) at 185 pounds
• Andrew Payne (CVBC, 0-0) vs. Jean Allard (Phoenix Rising, 0-1) at 185 pounds
• Damian McGuery (CVBC, 0-0) vs. Matt Lockard (Pure Self Defense, 0-0) at 170 pounds
• Tiffany Wiebe (CVBC) vs. Charlotte Hoffart (Knockout Martial Arts) in a 122-pound kickboxing bout, and
• Stephanie Schneider (CVBC, 0-0) vs. Brittany Fisher (Salt Spring Kickboxing, 0-0) in a 160-pound kickboxing tilt.
“It takes a lot of time and effort to put a card together and it’s a community affair when you look at what goes into it. J-Mac would like to thank the tireless effort the people in the background have done to bring the event to fruition,” St. Jules added.
For more on FTFN3-Redemption, check out www.cvboxingclub.com or call Mac at 250-898-7444.